Social media experts David Thompson and April Burns fromInterCoastal Net Designs, join me in this episode to talk about the importance of engagement on social media for vacation rental professionals.
We’re often told to ‘Be Everywhere’ and it’s tough to keep up. Posting on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and even Google+ is time consuming and can be frustrating.
What happens if you don’t get engagement?
What if nobody sees your posts?
Which one should you concentrate on?
These are some of the questions I posed to David and April and they were generous in their replies. They shared:
- The key starting point for someone new to social media marketing
- Why you need a goal to start with
- Which platform is the ‘go-to’ in social media
- The importance of a content calendar
- Why you review the strategies of similar companies & what’s working for them
- How the 80/20 rule applies to content (one of those is fun!)
- Why you should Google ‘memes’
- What makes a ‘fun’ post
- How often to post and how to schedule them
- How to schedule using Facebook’s scheduling tool
- Why you shouldn’t get discouraged at lack of engagement and how to boost it
- How to use Insights in Facebook
- Keeping social media to be ‘social’
- What to take on alongside Facebook
- Why you should not use Facebook as an alternative to having your own website