Tyann Marcink is one very busy person. A mom to 3 boys, web designer, vacation rental owner and professional photographer, she balances a lot of activities and still had time to talk with me in episode 13 of The Vacation Rental Success Podcast.
[ois skin=”In Post Sign Up”]
I’m a mediocre photographer and rarely stray from automatic mode on my Canon T3i which is a complete waste of an extremely good camera.
I was scared of it. There are so many options and functions and I really know nothing very little about photography and how to use a camera. So, when I read Tyann’s book, Creating Killer Vacation Rental Photos I was surprised that getting a better photo is not that difficult once you have a basic understanding of what the different functions can do.
In our interview Tyann explains very simply and effectively:
- Why the 12 inches behind the camera are more important than the camera itself
- The 4 key features you need in your camera equipment
- What size of lens works best
- Why you need to ‘go low’ and use a tripod
- The secrets of staging a kitchen
- The best time of day to take your pictures (Hint..it’s not what you think)
- Why you should avoid using flash
- How to use different light settings in different situations
- Why your thumbnail photo is so important
- How to set light balance to lose the yellow tinge in a bathroom image
Tyann is giving away 3 copies of her book to listeners who comment on this post and let us know what they would like to change about their photographs.
Sites mentioned in the episode:
Tyann’s website – http://www.marcinkdesigns.com/ebooks/index.html
Tyann’s properties – Canyon Retreat & Natures Retreat
HDR Photos – Photomatix
Pinterest – Staging for Vacation Rentals