It was a real pleasure to invite Conrad back onto the podcast for Part 2 of our interview – this time featuring his great insights into paid advertising.
Our property management company has been in business for 12 years and we’ve never seen the need to use paid ads. Over the years we’ve built up a solid reputation and through the development of content we regularly hit Page 1 of Google for our keywords. In other words, we do well on organic search even for the some of the high ranking keywords.
This year we’ll be launching a new website and taking steps to really move on our competition so I wanted to learn a little more about the type of ads we might use…and the investment we’d need to make.
As before, Conrad over-delivered and gave an information packed interview, covering Google Ads & the Google Keyword Planner, Google Analytics, Google Display Network and talked at length about Facebook ad campaigns and the best ways to implement them.
And….don’t forget to sign up on Conrad’s mailing list so you don’t miss his posts .
- Why it is important to know your market and do your research before investing a penny in paid ads.
- How to research keywords in your area
- How to find out what the cost per click is for your keywords
- Why ‘fishing in Ontario’ may not be worth the investment for my market
- The best thing about Google adwords and capturing traffic when their intent is high
- The reason Adwords may not be the best direction for an independent owner to take – and when they should give it a try.
- The importance of getting Google Analytics installed and configured
- Setting goals in Google Analytics & why and when to use ecommerce tracking
- How Facebook ads works
- What the Facebook pixel is and why you need to set it up on your site today
- How to track everyone that comes to your website and has a FB account
- How to serve ads to your audience
- Why Facebook Boost button is the easiest but the least effective of options
- The best option to choose when targeting your audience
- Using Google Network Display for retargeting
Links to sites mentioned:
Where you can find Conrad:
If you liked this podcast we would really appreciate it if you could leave a review for us on iTunes. You can do this by clicking on the icon below. This will open itunes and direct you to the Vacation Rental Success Podcast. Here you can review and subscribe.
Many thanks for listening.